Are We Seeing More Violence In This Century?
I do not know whether it is just me, am I imagining this or have we become more violent in this century than ever before. I am talking about wars or countries that are undergoing civil war; I am concern about what, I call personal criminal activities.
The media is full of crimes that been done by human against each other, that I am trying to figure out what make people so vicious against each other, and how long before our actions cause us to be extinct just like the dinosaur.
On this, the 24 October 2016, list below is some of the horrors reported in the media:-
- 33-year-old man stabbed to death outside a pub – currently no arrest
- 19-year-old suspected of London tube bomb plot detained by the police. Apparently, the suspect is being questioned by counter-terror detectives; they are investigating the device that was found and blown up by anti-terror police
- Police launched a murder investigation following the finding of a Heathrow Hotel Houskeeper’s body found beneath the Hayes flyover. The body of the 30-year-old discovered as few days after she was reported missing. Two men have been questioned and release on bail.
- Two teenage girls have arrested after a video showing them attacking a 62-year-old man, was shared, on Facebook. There ages 14 and 15. Why would teenager disrespect a senior citizen in such counterproductive manner?
- British banker goes on trial in Hong Kong next year accused of killing two Indonesian women by slitting their throats. Then he used his mobile phone to film himself bragging about the horrors he inflicted on these 23 and 26-year-old ladies.
I just do not understand why we are so evil, is there something in the atmosphere, have we lost our moral compass, do we, see each other as monsters that we can only think of murder. Are we destine to go the same way as Sodom and Gomorrah? Did those people behave in the manner we are or were they even worse? Personally, I believe this generation is far worst that those that occupy Sodom and Gomorrah.