Sometimes we pray to God to help us in circumstances that we believe his help is needed. When we do not receive the assistance we require, we tend to question God decision, but listed below are seven Biblical reasons why sometimes our prayers are not answered.
1. James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
2. Psalm 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.
3. Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you, that he will not hear.
4. Isaiah 1:15-16 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood. Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do, harm.
5. John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done, unto you.
6. 1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
7. Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be, uttered.
There are also times when we should thank God for unanswered prayer. Whatever problems we have in our lives we only have a small picture, but God has the whole thing, and he will never give us any help that would cause us further pain, depression, stress or make our lives miserable, the Devil does that not God.
Almighty God and Everlasting Father, I pray that you will wipe out any negative thoughts from our hearts and mind. I pray that you may shine your grace upon us all and give us if you so desire the help we need to live in this evil world that the adversary has planted his negative influence, in Jesus name I pray, Amen.