Some people, even Christians, believe they can go about breaking God’s instructions to humanity, and there will be no consequences to their actions.
There is an excellent reason that God gave us the rules of the Ten Commandments. It is God’s way of saying to human beings if you love me as much as I love you then follow my rules. If you fail to follow the rules, then you allow the Devil to infiltrate your life and plant seeds of doubts so that he can control you.
1. Thou shall have no other God but me – you cannot serve two masters.
2. Thou shall not worship any graven image – how can you worship images made by humankind.
3. Thou shall not take God’s name in vain, what would be your purpose of doing so.
4. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy – regardless of how busy we are during the week, we must set aside this day to worship and praise the living God.
5. Honour thy mother and father that your days may be, long on the land if you can obey and honour the instructions of your Earthly parents then you are capable of acknowledging the Creator
6. Thou shall not kill – this is absolute, and it goes even for the government that uses the death penalty for criminal offences. God told you that you are not allowed to kill his creation, and he will not tolerate this in any circumstances.
7. Thou shall not commit adultery, don’t believe that you can flitter from one man or one woman to another and think that you are obeying the word of God
8. Thou shall not steal, so when we go out and consciously take from either our family or even shoplifting we are breaking God’s rules
9. Thou shall not bear false witness; you cannot tell lies on anyone irrespective of what you think that person does to you. Bearing false witness can cause catastrophic consequences to others.
10. Thou shall not covet, no matter what your neighbours or family, friends or even strangers as in their possession you cannot envy them for what you think is their good fortune.
Consider this; God gave you these instructions as a guideline to help you keep Satan out of your life. He knew well in advance that Satan has lust, envy, greed, gluttony, sloth, wrath and pride in His arsenal ready to unleash on is creation. Therefore, he gave us the ten commandments to live by so that the Devil cannot tempt us into doing wrong.
But God he gave us one more way of which we can be redeemed should be broke any of His commandments. God sent his only begotten son to die so that we can get redemption from our sins. We can be born again through baptism.
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God [Romans 3:23] He knew that we are not perfect, and he does not expect us to be. Once Satan unleashed himself into our world, God knew what we would have to face daily and that his why he gave these rules so that we can defeat Satan each day.